At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose - to Help
Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a
difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest
retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every
community and household in the UK.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and
finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That
gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear
strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the
best bank for customers.
COO Business Risk
We love to do things differently in COO Business Risk. We encourage our
employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative
idea. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to
building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and
communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive
workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real
Our purpose is to be the leading 1st Line Risk Function in Financial
Services in the UK. We work collaboratively to guide, support and challenge
on all risk related matters, and we are responsible for the successful
delivery of the risk agenda against internal and regulatory requirements.
This role represents an opportunity for a highly motivated Technology Risk
professional to work at the heart of Group CIO
Sound like your kind of place?
Operating at a senior level working with partners at Director level and
above, you'll deputise for Senior Risk Leads and will be a key contributor
to both strategic and operational decision making by providing insight,
challenge and support.
What would you be getting involved with?
* Challenges and provides input into new agile approaches being explored by
LBG and performs risk review, ensuring they remain within Group’s
* Have validated technical experience and experience of IT Risk, ensuring
an established and sound knowledge of the COO Business Risk area function
* Leads a programme of IT risk reviews with a focus on timely completion
and insightful commentary and proposed management actions to support
material risk mitigation and reduction within the business area, ensuring
the LBG Risk Management Framework requirements are met.
* A strong shown ability to build and deliver high quality outputs in
appropriate business format (both verbal/written) highlighting key messages
in a clear and concise way for use at senior executive level or by external
parties (e.g. Regulators, Risk Committees).
* Initiates, leads and delivers agreed change programmes to achieve
continuous improvement to processes and systems.
* You'll bring passion for our values of putting customers first, keeping
it simple, and making a difference together
* You'll love to solve problems and challenge the status quo with
* You're a highly motivated self-starter
* You'll have the ability to build strong collaborative relationships
And the skills/background you’d possess?
* Sound knowledge of the operational and regulatory complexities impacting
the business, from strategic, operational and change perspectives.
* Demonstrates a good understanding of industry standards, control
frameworks (e.g.COBIT), technology landscape and key IT risk areas.
* A diverse and mixed skillset, with a knowledge and understanding of
(including but not limited to):
* Infrastructure Technologies - Middleware/Storage/Networks/Mainframes
* IT resilience
* Cloud Services
* Suppliers management/governance processes and outsourced 3rd party
* Management of IT Incidents/Problems/Changes
* Experience supporting live service material events
So, if you have the skills we’re seeking and you’re looking
for your next step, we’d love to hear from you
The salary advertised is for London, if you're applying to work in one of
our regional hubs the weighting will vary
Together we make it possible
In return, you’ll learn new skills, technologies, and approaches to
software development. As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the
scale and reach to give you a diverse range of opportunities to learn, grow
and develop and to help you achieve a rewarding and fulﬁlling career!
You'll also receive a benefits package which includes:
* A performance related award
* Generous pension contribution
* 30 days leave plus bank holidays
* A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
We’re committed to building a workforce which reﬂects the
diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of
an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
So, if joining us at a critical and exciting time for our Cloud
transformation appeals and this role sounds like it could be for you, click
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.